While posting online and encouraging your online presence to like and comment on your posts is always great this has become standard in the industry of social media and businesses. Promoting your business online is much more than a simple post and caption. There are much more creative ways to engage your audience and draw more followers. It’s important to find a middle ground between promoting your brand and trying to sell your service or product. We have created a simple guide you can follow to help promote your business on social media in 2019.
Foundation of Social Media Promotion
- Establish Your Goal
- Identify what your goals are while planning your social media calendar. By planning ahead of time this will help you make more strategic decisions.
- Decide on The Best Social Media Platform for Your Business
- Every industry benefits in its own way on different social media platforms. What might work for the retail industry on Instagram might not work the same on YouTube or Facebook. We recommend always doing competitor research and discovering which social media platforms your audience is most engaged on.
- Build Your Pages
- Always make sure that all the information is filled out on your social media pages. For example, your about info, contact info, profile pictures, etc. Doing this ensures that your audience knows who you are and how they can reach you.
Effective Ways to Promote Your Business on Social Media
- User-Generated Content
- The most authentic way to show potential followers who you are is through actual posts that others may tag you in. Your followers are more likely to trust the opinions that others may have whether they are posting about your restaurant’s food or posting a picture in your clothes. No matter the service or product you are selling, reposting user-generated content is one of the most effective ways to gain trust and followers.
- Influencers are a great way to promote your business and increase your following. Depending on your campaign and what you’re selling depends on the type of influencers your business may partner with. You may choose to work with bloggers, vloggers, micro-influencers, nano-influencers, activists, or journalists. For example, if you’re selling baby products and want to target new mommy’s then partnering up with a blogger that writes about their life being a mommy might work best for you.
- Video Footage
- Focusing on having great video footage and content could help set you apart from your competitors and keeps your followers engaged. When your followers are entertained they are more likely to continue following your page and reacting to the content you put out on social media.
- Going Live & Updating Your Stories
- In 2019 it not only matters what influencers are saying but it also matters that businesses are posting live videos or stories of what they’re doing. This makes potential customers feel as though they can relate to a brand and increases the chance of them working with a brand or business that they feel has more of a personality. This is also an easy way to promote a product once you grab a user’s attention.
- Be Relatable
- One of the best ways to relate to people is through humor. This gives you a chance to show off your personality and at the same time, you’re self-promoting.
- Paid Advertising (Facebook Ads, Instagram ads, etc.)
- Utilizing advertising such as Facebook Ads and Instagram Ads can help build brand awareness and drive traffic to your social media and website. However, it is always important to first establish who you’re targetting with your ads and what your goal is. Social media is a great way to advertise to users because thats where people spend a ot of their time.
By following this simple guide on promoting your business through social media you’ll be sure to increase your social media presence and following with a bit of pre-planning, strategy, and creativity. For an in-depth look at what you can do with your businesses social media, you can request a free social media analysis and our Social Media Specialists and Facebook Blueprint Certified Specialists at Social Integration can give you a break down of what you can do to promote your business better.